What is a vegan diet plan compared to normal diet plans?
A regular diet plan of an average individual will usually consist of foods that are rich in carbohydrates, sugar and proteins that have been gathered from a number of sources.
While a vegan diet will have 3 different levels, vegetarians will usually be labeled in three categories.
- The first one is the lacto-vegetarian, they are the ones that do not eat fish, meat, poultry, eggs including any food that contains dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt and butter.
- Another type of vegan diet is called the Lacto-octo vegetarian diet. This is for vegans who do not eat fish and meat, but allow dairy products like eggs in their diet.
- Ovo-vegetarian is another diet of vegan diet, they do not eat meat, seafood and all dairy products but they eat eggs.
Other people follow a semi-vegetarian diet, while some do a flexitarian diet, which means they eat a plant based diet, but will also include eggs, poultry and fish in small quantities.
What are the pros of becoming vegan?
According to research, eating meat on a regular basis can lead to a number of health risks, people who switch to eating plant based food can benefit from the nourishment that plant based food can provide.
By not eating meat, a person’s risk of developing cancer, diabetes and arthritis as well as hypertension is reduced. They will also have lesser risk of developing a heart disease. Men who go vegan, can also stop the progression of cancer cells in their body, it can prevent the instances of suffering from prostate cancer.
What are the cons of becoming vegan?
Protein is a valuable for the body; vegans do not usually meet the required need for protein due to lack of meat in their diet. The body needs at least 46 grams per day of protein in the body to function better for women and 56 grams daily for men.
In order to be able to complete the lack of protein due to the non presence of meat, there is a need for vegans to eat beans, tofu and other rich sources of protein from plants like dried beans.
What is an example vegan diet plan?
A vegan diet plan has to be boring; it does not have to lack variety just because it is a vegan diet. There are a number of ways to spice up a vegan diet plan.
- Instead of eating hamburger or fries, vegans can snack on fresh fruits like apples and grapes.
- They can add some granola and applesauce with pears, as well as hummus or pita bread.
- They can also snack on fruit smoothies, and spicy pizza bagels.
- For breakfast, a vegan diet plan can include soy yogurt or oatmeal with banana.
- During lunch time, the meal can be as simple as Take-and-Go Tacos
- For dinner time, a vegan diet plan can include scallion pancakes, or spicy sesame noodles.